Thursday, August 25, 2011

surviving hotel life

It has been a rough week. Coming back from camping I was tired. I wanted to be lazy. Generally lazy mom = crazy kids. They get bored, they get rowdy. Just like when I was teaching, you can tell the days when you have a bad lesson plan. I have had no "lesson plan" this week. It has been bad. Problem is, we have no space and lot's of neighbors. Screaming, banging, fighting children don't just annoy me. Plus 750 square feet eventually began to drive me crazy. So today I dragged my lazy butt off the couch and we got OUT. We started with our usual, the breakfast buffet, then we took an hour+ walk, followed by a swim in the pool, lunch and then nap. In the afternoon we walked to the gym and the kids got dropped off and I worked out in peace.
It was a much better day. The terrible twos didn't seem so bad and the kids are tired. Tomorrow Davey officially enters the twos. He is such a sweet loveable, stubborn, crazy, energetic, fearless boy. And he is 110% a momma's boy. And I love him. Happy birthday, Davey monster!

Randomness...

We can see Mt Hood and Mt St Helens everyday on our walks. It's not bad scenery. Ashley says Mountain Hood is her favorite mountain and wants a mountain like that near Charlotte. It is beautiful, but having no active volcanoes near Charlotte I consider to be a perk of the area.

I've been watching the Irene news and hope the Outer Banks will have a lighter hit than predicted. The storm surge makes me worried that the coastline won't look the same after this storm. Janie &Charlie, hope you all are safe and your house rides the storm well!

No comments:

Post a Comment