Sunday, October 2, 2011

Banana Squash Soup...and Seattle

Years and years ago, back when Jason and I were young and did crazy things like go on dates, I had the best soup ever. A banana squash soup (that's a type of squash, not banana and squash) at Campania. It was amazing. Last weekend I finally found it on a menu again. Again, amazing. I could eat a vat of this soup. It was delicious. Unfortunately for me, it was not here in Portland, but in Seattle. Which, by the way, is a very cool city. Jason, the kids, and I drove up for a quick weekend trip. We hit a lot of the highlights. We walked along the water and ate at Ivars (yummm banana squash soup), wandered up to the space needle, and went on one of the tacky touristy duck boat tours. The tour was pretty neat, I especially enjoyed the water portion and seeing all the houseboats and floating houses (including the Sleepless in Seattle house). Sunday included a visit to Pike's Market, the original Starbucks, and the aquarium before heading home. Pike's was fun to walk through, but got very crowded in a hurry. The aquarium was a big hit with the kiddos. Ashley loves touch tanks, and encourages me to join the fun. I am generally ok not touching sea cucumbers, or anemones, etc. Davey was enthralled by the "Nemo" and "Marlin" fish. That kid loves a clown fish, and watching that movie over and over and over. (Ashley has declared herself bored of Finding Nemo.) All in all, Seattle was a great trip and I would definitely go again.

Around here nothing much is new. I was the parent volunteer on Thursday at Ashley's school. I was in charge of the art room for an hour. It was red day at school, and I was according coated in red paint by the end of the day. I am the helper again on Tuesday. Sue is visiting this weekend and it is so nice to have family around again. The kids are so excited to see Grandma, Ashley especially. Lot's and lot's of smiles from the Bears this weekend. Next weekend Claire and Evan!

No comments:

Post a Comment